INDUSTRIAL TRAINING UNIT:
The Industrial Training Unit is established to conduct the Students Industrial Worke Experience Scheme (SIWES) under the supervision of Industrial Training Fund (ITF). The unit is mandated to carry out the following functions:
- Identify placement opportunities for students attachment with employers
- Supervision of the students placed in the industries located within the zone.
- Processing of students log books, ITF forms and industrial attachment reports and processing payment`of supervision and students allowances
- Fostering of close links between the polytechnic and industries participating in SIWES programme
- Futher guidance to participating students on career employment opportunities.
- Monitoring of compliance with therequirements of SIWES on the part of students in eligible desciplines as a condition for gruation.
- Facilitation of the disbursment of the students allowance to deserving students through e-payment.
- Aplly job-specifications as prepared for all the accredited programmes and award appropriate credit units in accordance with NBTE minimum academic standart guidlines
- Organize students orientaion in collaboration with ITF area Unit
ADMINISTRATION OF THE UNIT
Head of UnitThe unit is coordinated by Dr. Shuaibu Mukhtar the pioneer coordinator who is an academic staff at the department os social sciences. Dr. Mukhtar has Bachelor of Science in Economics, Master of Science in Economics from Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUS) and Ph.d in Economics from university of Bakht Al-ruda, Republic of Sudan in 2005, 2012 and 2018 respectively. He has published many articles in local and international Journals.
Dr. Shuaibu Mukhtar